I can't believe it's only a week since we officially opened our doors on Main St! We had cookies that everyone loved, and I will now give you the recipe, sorry no picture.
Turtle Cookies (or Waffle Iron Chocolate Cookies)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- Preheat your waffle iron to a medium setting.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to the sugar mixture.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter into each section of a preheated waffle iron.
- Bake 2 minutes. Remove carefully; cool on wire racks.
- Spread with chocolate frosting or you can drizzle with caramel topping and add pecans.
Yield: about 2 dozen.
We will be holding a Pre-Cuts Class on July 7th & 8th. In this class we will have you work with Jelly Rolls and Charm Packs. Class will start at 9:30 each morning and will run until 5:30 Tuesday and 4:30 Wednesday. Cost for this class will be $100 and includes patterns, fabrics to finish the 2 quilt tops, bindings, and lunch each day. Class size is limited, so sign up as soon as possible. You can sign up on our Facebook page, call us (641-430-6341) or email us (email@example.com) to sign up. I'll be posting pictures of the quilts we will be working on in the next few weeks.
It's a rainy day, so I'm hoping to get a table set up to sew today! Happy sewing.